- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science or related field with an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate); Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of four (4) years of professional work beyond university attendance.
- Strong understanding of topological relationships, troubleshooting complex data sets, and applying creative solutions to problems.
- Prior work in natural or cultural resources management, NEPA, remote sensing, and/or water resources, and prior experience working with federal land agencies such as the USFS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS, or other, is very desirable.
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using software applications (e.g., Windows Explorer, Excel, Access, ESRI ArcGIS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS.
- General understanding of basic statistics, and geometric math computations (e.g., summary, distributions, frequency, min/max, range, angles, distance, slope, degrees, area).
- Demonstrated experience with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files.
- Demonstrated ability to apply spatial and 3D analyses, and raster math within ArcGIS while maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-related analyses or modeling techniques applied on projects is strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience with Esri Geodatabases, creating database schemas, domains, subtypes, and database relationships
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.