Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
SWCA’s Half Moon Bay office is expanding our team and seeking three (3) on-call hourly Biological Field Crew Leads to support a variety of environmental projects involving a range of field and office duties. Work hours may vary seasonally, and depending on project needs and your skills. On-call staff are requested for work as it becomes available and are free to accept or refuse the work based on their schedule. As the Half Moon Bay Natural Resources group continues to grow, additional opportunities for advancement will be available.
It is anticipated that moderate travel, including overnight stays, will be required for this position. Fieldwork will include travel throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, Central Valley and Northern California
· Coordinate field monitoring and survey scheduling and reporting as a field lead for a small team of biologists.
· Conduct environmental inspections, wildlife and vegetation baseline studies, nesting bird surveys, and biological evaluations and assessments.
· Collect field data, record and identify fauna and flora.
· Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms.
· Photograph and take detailed notes of habitats, species, and landforms.
· Operate SWCA vehicles safely, including operation of 4-wheel-drive vehicles on rugged, back-country roads. Follow industry-leading safety check-in and reporting procedures.
· Communicate effectively with SWCA project managers, construction crews, and other environmental specialists to complete the field work and reporting requirements.
· Understand project environmental requirements and the applicable laws and regulations protecting biological resources.
· Complete desktop analyses, web-based database queries, prepare technical reports describing the methods, results, recommendations, and regulatory background for projects.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply