- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science or related fieldwith an emphasis in GIS (or GIS certificate); Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of professional GIS work experience, beyond university attendance.
- Strong understanding of topological relationships, troubleshooting complex data sets, and applying creative solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills with a desire to contribute to a team effort when tasked to completing larger tasks.
- Prior work in natural or cultural resources management, remote sensing, and/or water resources, and prior experience workingwith federal land agencies such as the USFS, NPS, BLM, BOR, USGS, or other, is very desirable.
- Demonstrated ability of data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using software applications (e.g.,Windows Explorer, Excel, Access, ESRI ArcGIS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and computer mapping including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS.
- General understanding of basic statistics, and geometric math computations (e.g., summary, distributions, frequency, min/max, range, angles, distance, slope, degrees, area).
- Demonstrated experience with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting of equipment and digital files.
- Demonstrated ability to apply spatial and 3D analyses, and raster math within ArcGIS while maintaining data integrity.
- Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-relatedanalyses or modeling techniques applied on projects is strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience with Enterprise geodatabases, creating database schemas, domains, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal/Online web applications, network analysis, and/or application development is also a plus.
- Working knowledge of ESRI AGOL, collector, and survey 123.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.