- Master’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, or a closely related field required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in cultural resources management (CRM) on a variety of project types, sizes, regions, and agencies, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in CRM in a supervisory capacity, whether in the field or in the office.
- Experience managing CRM projects, including budgets, scheduling, and scopes of work preferred.
- Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards in archaeology.
- Qualified for listing on the California statewide Bureau of Land Management permit is required.
- Extensive experience with California archaeology, or similar cultural area.
- Experience working with major electric utilities clients in California preferred.
- Experience with implementing the California Environmental Quality Act, National Historic Preservation Act Sections 106 and 110, and National Environmental Policy Act permitting processes.
- Experience with tribal consultation.
- Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., lithic, ceramic, or faunal analysis; osteology; historical archaeology).
- Has completed all aspects of a project, from pre-field tasks to final report preparation for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Prior report authorship in a CRM context.
- Has provided QA/QC review of field documents, site forms, and reports.
- Has led large crews and/or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies.
- Has worked on an interdisciplinary team of subject matter experts and planners.
- Has conducted and is interested in conducting marketing, business development, and proposal writing.
- Excellent technical writing skills with a record of completing technical reports in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in project needs, agency requests, and more.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, and agency representatives.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.