Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
SWCA's Pasadena office is actively seeking a Natural Resources Project Manager to join our growing multi-disciplinary team in Pasadena, California. In this position, you will manage projects, take a lead role in pursuing project opportunities, manage field teams, and mentor staff with a focus on utility clients. Your work will expand SWCA’s professional reputation in natural resources management and research throughout California and beyond, and you will be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will collaborate with peers, maintain SWCA’s standards of excellence, and support the continuing development of SWCA’s Natural Resource Program.
• Manage natural resources and multi-disciplinary projects, develop and manage project budgets and schedules, and provide timely, high-quality work that achieves client goals.
• Assist with the supervision of staff within the Utility Services Program. Ensure professional and technical excellence and quality through project staffing and QA/QC assignments
• Oversee preparation of biological documents and deliverables.
• Provide report QA/QC.
• Maintain positive relationships with clients and public agencies.
• Lead and participate in marketing and proposal efforts.
• Work directly with clients and regulatory agencies to ensure regulatory compliance and facilitate project approvals.
• Support the professional development of staff biologists through direct supervision and the management of project teams.
• Conduct fieldwork and manage field teams as needed.
• Support your peers in meeting client needs, staffing projects, and take initiative in team development and cohesion.
• Bachelor’s degree in biology, botany, wildlife management, environmental sciences, or a closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of natural resources consulting experience on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated experience working with major utility clients
• Demonstrated experience working with on-call contracts
• Three (3) or more years of experience managing projects, including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, and scopes of work.
• Familiarity with Southern California flora and fauna.
• Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, and natural resources permitting.
• Demonstrated primary report authorship for a variety of project types, preferably in an environmental consulting context.
• Advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., restoration ecology, botany, conducting protocol surveys for special-status species, etc.).
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.