SWCA’s Southern California operation is seeking a Cultural Resources Principal Investigator to support its growing practice. The ideal candidate will assist the Directors, Team Leads, and Project Managers with project coordination and quality control for cultural resource management projects and expand SWCA’s professional reputation in archaeological and historical consulting and research. This is a regular, full-time salaried position and will report to the Technical Director. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience. The position will be based out of our Pasadena or San Diego offices but is open to highly qualified candidates who prefer to work from a home office elsewhere in California or adjacent states who are willing to travel for project work.
• Serve as primary author on large technical reports, research designs, and other technical documents.
• Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms.
• Oversee field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production, ensuring these tasks are conducted in accordance with the QA/QC plan.
• Assist with training and mentoring of staff in topics including NRHP/CRHR eligibility, implementation of research designs, technical reporting, and site recording protocols.
• Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
• Comply with SWCA and client safety programs and assist in the development of such programs.
• Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients.
• Additional project management duties as needed: manage budgets, prepare proposals, interact with clients, and manage staff.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.